The Vallés are oilers for five generations. Throughout over 100 years been used successively “empiedros”, hammer mills, hydraulic presses, and with the next century, a continuous extraction process in cold ensures maintenance of the organoleptic properties of the oil.
The old mill, still operating, the oil extracted by a system of hydraulic presses. It was built in 1956 and was a revolution against the traditional steamdriven factories of the family. In 1988 was replaced with four rollers “empiedro” giants by a hammer mill with mechanical mixers, which were in operation until the end of last century.